The 2017 4R Advocate winners represent five farmer and retailer partnerships who are leading the way in implementing 4R Nutrient Stewardship practices on the farm. This year’s advocates farm 13,200 acres of land using 4R Nutrient Stewardship practices.
Now in its sixth year, the 4R Advocate Program has recognized 30 agricultural producers and retailers, farming 144,425 acres in 17 states. These forward-thinking individuals serve as examples by championing sound nutrient stewardship.
The 2017 Advocates include:
- Gary Reeder, Palmetto, Fla. Dennis Coleman, Crop Production Services, Parrish, Fla.
- Kyle Brase, Edwardsville, Ill. Joe Huebener, CHS Shipman, Shipman, Ill.
- Grant Strom, Brimfield, Ill. Adam Dexter, West Central FS Inc., Williamsfield, Ill.
- Dave Legvold, Northfield, Minn. Ken Thomas, Farmers Mill & Elevator, Inc., Castle Rock, Minn.
- Lynn Fahrmeier, Wellington, Mo. Scott Bergsieker, MFA Incorporated, Lexington, Mo.
Each 4R Advocate pair will participate in an expense-paid trip to the upcoming Commodity Classic, March 2-4 in San Antonio, Texas. While at Commodity Classic, the advocates will represent the 4R program at the trade show and participate in various interviews. The highlight of the advocates’ time in San Antonio will be a banquet in their honor on the evening of March 2 at the Alamo.
We invite any 4R supporter at the Commodity Classic to stop by to meet with the advocates at the 4R booth (#462).