HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
To identify grower customers throughout the country who are working with agricultural retailers to utilize 4R consistent products and services, TFI needs input and support from its members. Retailers are encouraged to complete the 4R Advocate program
nomination form. Not a retailer? Do you know growers or retailers who would make great 4R Advocates? Non-retail members can work with their grower and retail contacts to application submission. Nominations are accepted each year from August 1 through
October 31 and then reviewed by a panel of judges responsible for selecting the winners.
4R Advocate winners are announced in mid-December. In accordance with the rules of the 4R Advocate Program award, winning nominating retailers and growers must be able to participate in an expense paid trip to the Commodity Classic where they are
recognized during a TFI awards banquet at the Commodity Classic, in supporting media releases and on nutrientstewardship.com.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
The following are the rules for participation in the 4R Advocate Award Program as defined by The Fertilizer Institute (the “Sponsor”). Applicants must be over 18 years of age and there must be a collaborative relationship between the nominating retailer and the grower when applying for this award program. By submitting a nomination, nominees affirm and agree to the following:
- Become knowledgeable about the 4R program;
- Be available to be a 4R advocate/spokesperson in the Sponsor’s booth at the Commodity Classic for a total 2 hours over the 2.5 day exhibit period;
- Be available if requested to farm media during the Commodity Classic; and
- Be available for an interview with a reporter and pose for a photo with the retailer nominator to develop an article about the award.
- Be present at the TFI 4R Advocate Awards banquet taking placeat the Commodity Classic.